Wednesday, July 7, 2010

summer, slow down!

Dear Summer,
I feel as though you just got here, yet you are going by way to fast!



Why is it that we wait and wait all year for these few precious months we call Summer, and yet these precious months go by in a blink of an eye. I always think there are so many things I will do, and accomplish once the weather turns nice. Gardening, yard work, house projects, store projects, trips, parties, yard sales, softball games, day outings, swimming lessons, even just some lazy summer days. Here we are, and it's just a few days after the fourth of July, and there are already school supplies out at Target. Didn't the kids just get out of school. Is it just me, or do we not want to think about school for a while? What happened to Summer, didn't it just begin... I want to slow down and enjoy it!

It's a newer appreciation I have for summer. It never mattered that much to me, until I had kids, now I long for Summer days. I cherish them. I try to soak them up, and enjoy their simplicity. I love that I don't have to live by at tight schedule and planned routine. I love that I have both my girls home to spend time with. I love that we can sort of take one day at a time, and fly by the seats of our pants. I love waking up to sunshine on my face. I love the way my house smells when all the windows and doors are open and the breezes are blowing through. I love spending more time outside than inside. I like it so much I just want it to slow down and not go away so fast so I can savor each and every moment of it! Yet, it seems the next two months are already all peppered with all kinds of plans. How about you? How do you feel about these long, sweet, Summer days? Do they go by too fast for you?

No comments: