Wednesday, July 14, 2010

a finished basement!...

Yesterday was indeed a very happy day! I finally got my new washer and dryer to put in my newly finished basement - laundry room. It was a long wait, but so worth it! I have been washing stuff like a crazy woman, and I'm loving every minute of it! So, I thought I would show you around my basement. Now, keep in mind we haven't been moved down here for too long. There are still some things to be done, but we are totally enjoying what we have so far!

While decorating this space, I decided to shy away from my usual color palette and went with more fun vibrant shades and patterns! I actually designed the whole space around a quilt of my great grandmother's! This quilt has always been one of my favorite possessions... I love all the colors and patterns. It makes me happy the moment I look at it, and that's how I wanted to feel in our 'family space'!

Hope you enjoy the tour!

Basement

Basement 2

2 comments:

Shana said...

I love love love it!!! The colors are perfect, it looks like a bright and airy fun place to be! Have fun with your new space.

Myya said...

SOOO much fun! Definitely looks like a place that you "just want to be in". Enjoy :)