Sunday, July 25, 2010

the praise of summertime...

praise of summertime


This morning as I was getting ready to go to the Willamette Celebration Valley Church service, I was listening to the radio. Dee Duke from the Jefferson Baptist Church came on with a tid bit to chew on for the day, and it kind of knocked me between the eyes. {funny how God works huh?} Anyway, he said, God doesn't want us to be anxious for anything, and that when we are we are directly disobeying God. Hmmmm hello, is that me, yes! He said give your worry and your anxiousness to God, and trust that he will take care of you.

So, today, that is what I am working towards. Not going to say I have it all figured out... this letting go, letting God stuff, is HARD. But, I have to admit being anxious and worried about all the stuff going on in my life doesn't do me any service. It does me no good. It doesn't make me get all my 'to-do's' done any faster, better, or more efficiently. Actually, just the opposite. The worry zaps my energy, it makes me feel tired, and unable to cope. So, I'm taking a deep breath, letting go of the worry, giving God my anxiousness, and trusting that he will take perfect care of me! Time to enjoy the process. Enjoy the day, the season, and the blessings that overflow around me, if I'm willing to see them!

{Still working on road trip photos, they will be up this week!}

1 comment:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

and this is exactly all you need to do ;) if only it was easier to the right thing.