Monday, July 12, 2010

like the night before Christmas...




In a few hours the Sears delivery people will be knocking on my door. I cannot express the excitement that this brings to my heart...

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas.
Only, maybe a little more excited! :)

Five and a half years ago we moved into our house. Our basement was the dungeon from HELL. My dad and Matt told me I would have a laundry room in a month or so. (I should have known better) I think that is what they told me so I would sell my house that had just finally gotten a wonderful, perfect, clean laundry room, for my dream house with the laundry room in the dungeon from HELL! Well, I am happy to say, good things come to those who wait! And while yes, I have done laundry (lots and lots of laundry) in less than stellar conditions for many a year now. My day has finally come my friends. Shhhh, can you hear that? Yes, that's angels singing!

This last March, we finally moved into our basement after 4+ years of working on it's completion... I am elated to say it is truly a wonderful thing! We now have a family room, a spacious bathroom, and a wonderful, large, roomy laundry room/crafting and art space! We are about 92% done with the project, so do you know what I was finally able to do? Yes, that's right, I was able to buy the washer and dryer of my dreams. This is possibly the cleaning freaks dream washer and dryer. (and those of you that know me, know that I am a cleaning freak!) Oh, my.... tomorrow is certain to be a happy, happy day! (Maybe tomorrow I will post some pictures of my fabulous transformed space!) I hope I can sleep tonight! I am so excited... what will I wash first???

2 comments:

Myya said...

I am soooo jealous but OHHHH so happy for you. So much joy comes from new appliances, us mommies are pathetic huh! :) Hope you enjoy them & get to wash your little heart out!

Krista said...

Anything that makes the day to day business of being a Mother easier is a blessed thing indeed!