Wednesday, November 18, 2009

14 day challenge - day 7


Today I am thankful for: Dinnertime. Every evening no matter what we set at the table together as a family and enjoy a meal. Sometimes it's take out, sometimes it's a full on homemade dinner. Sometimes it's the four of us, sometimes we have grandma and papa, other family, or friends to join us. I love this time as a family. Some of my fondest memories growing up were around our little dining room table. I always sat at the end on my little footstool. I love this tradition... but my favorite part of all is that my girls wait to eat (without even being told) until everyone is sat down and served, so we can say our "prayers". This has become very important to the two of them at out dinnertime routine; and it makes my heart happier than just about anything on earth! Bella says this prayer as we hold hands "God is Great, God is Good, Let us Thank Him for our food! - Amen" (this is almost always followed by Meritt saying "Amen! I did it!" At the end of the day good, bad, or in between, you just can't help but be truly grateful for this simple but beautiful thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today I am thankful for family, both near and far. I have been blessed with two wonderful brothers who love and care about me so much I can't always understand it. I am also lucky enough for them to pick two of the best sisters for me. How lucky is that!!! I have a wonderful mother who is still living and trying to keep me in line. Wonderful nephews and their families that I totally enjoy being with. I have a son whom I love and miss cause he is too far away. I have a daughter and family here close that I am lucky enough to spend just about every day with working or just being (mostly working though) I am just about the most blessed person I know!!!! Mom