Sunday, November 15, 2009

14 day challenge - day 4

Today I am thankful for: Getting to spend the whole day yesterday by myself with my dad. A day of fun... just him and I. I can't remember the last time we did that. I think it's been at least a decade. We've spent days working on projects, house stuff, or work together, but to just hang out... it's been a long time. I am so thankful for a wonderful father. He has taught me what and how a true man should act. I am thankful that he is a person that now as a grown up I can honestly say is one of my best friends. Not many people get the joy or pleasure of really knowing and enjoying their parents as I do. For this I am thankful! Very, very thankful! Thank you dad for being willing to hang out with me for a whole day, and for being such great company.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very thankful that you think so highly of me, I just try to keep it real. You will always be the number two girl in my life. I love you so much, thank's for asking me on a "date"it was fun being your girl friend for the day. Dad

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that the two of you have such a great relationship. I, too, know how important a good father is in a girl's life. I remember some very happy days just hanging with Dad. Mom

Anonymous said...

That gave me goose bumps and we won't mention the tears in my eye's!! You guys are amazing!

Anonymous said...

oops I didn't put from Melissa