Monday, November 23, 2009

14 day challenge - day 12


Today I am thankful for: Emma Downtown. Our business has been my life for the last 10 years. Basically my whole adult life... People think that it would be amazing to run your own business... how fun they say, oh I wish I didn't have to work... on and on like that the comments go. The truth is, it is amazing, and fun, but you will NEVER work harder than you do for yourself. PERIOD. You never leave it. You don't clock in and then clock out, it's always with you. In a sense it's your baby. You worry over it. You never stop thinking of it. You always love it, although you may not always like it... very much like having a child. For every responsibility it brings, it gives more joy, more blessings than I can count. It is because of our business I have the flexibility to "have it all" as people say. I get to be a full time mom, and do what I love. It keeps me on my creative toes. It has helped me develop countless friendships and relationships with people I may have never known otherwise. It has allowed me to stay close to my family, and grow a priceless friendship with my mother. I really do feel thankful that we have made it 10 years... through peaks and valleys, ups and downs. I am really proud that we have made it this far! Can't wait to see what happens in the next 10 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am thankful for the store. It has been a very good place to really get to know my daughter, to make lifelong friendships and to have a place to unleash some creative juices. Here's to at least another 10 years. Mom