Tuesday, July 7, 2009

mama's girls...

The other day some one said to me... so how are you liking being a "stay at home mom?"
For a brief moment I felt offended. I felt like my value as a person was being questioned. I went home that night and pondered the conversation a bit, and reflected on my feelings. Although, I'm not a "stay at home mom", I have a bit of an unusual situation, being a working mom who's taking more time at home. I decided there is no reason to feel like I need to explain all of that, because even if being at home was my only job... in my heart I know, it is my very most important job.
In the last six months I have had the joy of rekindling my relationship with two of the most important little girls in the whole wide world. I feel blessed, honored, lucky, and absolutely thankful for this time. I have gotten to slow down. Enjoy. Reflect. Soul search. This is what I know... I have never in my life been happier, or more at peace. I am exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I should be doing. I am in love, with my girls, and my husband, and someday I know I will look back at this time in my life as some of the most precious. Every day isn't perfect. Keeping up with a two year old and a six year old is at times exhausting and challenging, and more than I can keep up with. It's brief. For every one bad thing, or frustrating thing, there are a thousand good, wonderful, and amazing things I get to experience every day. I am truly blessed!

No comments: