Sunday, June 6, 2010

don't let the quiet ones fool you...

Today as Bella and I were walking down the isle of our church (Matt was taking Meritt to Sunday school)... we saw four familiar faces. A girl Bella goes to school with, and her family. We said hello, as it was the first time we'd seen them there, and that we were glad to see their faces.

Pretty soon, our friend Lila came to say hello. She whispered in my ear "did you see who's setting behind you?" I smiled and said yes, she whispered back "she said Bella invited them this week". Tears welled up in both Lila and My eyes. You see the two of us have been trying hard, for several years, to see if we could persuade Bella to try out Sunday school for her age group. She always says "NO"! She hasn't wanted any part of Sunday school, or getting involved in any of the classes since she was basically being taken to the nursery way back when. It's been an ongoing struggle. We've gently given up... still asking, but not pushing. She enjoys church. She just prefers it when she is sat right beside me.

I can't help but wonder if she wouldn't get more and learn more if she was in an age appropriate setting. For a long time, I almost let the battle get the better of me. Recently, I've just been praying about it. Hoping that God knows far better than I do how to get her heart led in his direction.

When our pastor asked everyone to turn around and say hello, we went right over to our school friends to welcome them. Bella's friend's mom said, you know Bella invited us??! I said, I heard that, and I am so glad you came! She said, we asked where she went to church and she proudly let us know, when, where, and how!

I guess you just never know do you?...
Sometimes quietness and shyness doesn't equal closed ears or a closed heart.
Maybe it just means when your quiet you have a gift to listen better?!
All I know is that I couldn't be prouder of my quiet little girl.
My heart is full.
I am thankful, because God is so good!

No comments: