Friday, June 25, 2010

can't wait to try these!

Saw these on another blog... 365 Days In My Life

I love the fact that with this recipe you could easily adapt it to fit your family... just like she did by substituting the dried fruit for chocolate chips! I am going to make these with organic ingredients as a substitute for buying store bought organic granola bars. (they are pricey and my kids can eat a ton of them!) So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that my kiddo's love this recipe! I'll let you know how it goes!



OATMEAL BARS
4 cup dry oats
1 1/2 cups flour (I used all whole wheat)
1 c. brown sugar (I used regular cause thats all we had)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup applesauce (you could use 1 cup applesauce and omit the oil, I'm pretty sure)
1/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups dried fruit (raisins, craisins, dried cherries, etc) (we used chocolate chips instead of dried fruit for added sweetness and since my kids hate dried fruit LOL)


Mix dry ingredients. Whisk the eggs, applesauce and oil together, add to dry. Spread in a 13X9 greased pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.

1 comment:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Good food is hard to please kids with for sure! Great share..am glad I found your blog all I did was hit "next blog" what a cute place..will be following to see what else you conjour up to share :) A pleasure to "meet" ya!