Friday, March 11, 2011

Faith Blogs...

faith blogs

Tonight I received an email that almost brought tears to my eyes... okay it did bring tears to my eyes. I received an email letting me know that my blog has been chosen to be featured on Faith Blogs! Have you heard about Faith Blogs before??? If not, you must go check it out!!! What a wonderful idea. What a great way to connect people who blog and love the lord! I am BEYOND honored... I am thrilled!

For a long time now, I have felt that God has been asking me to use my blog to share his word and his love. I felt he was asking me to do that here at my own little piece of the Internet.

There have been times throughout my blogging journey that I have thought about giving it up. I have wondered why I keep click... click... clicking the keys of my computer when I'm not always sure anyone is even reading this little ole' blog let alone getting any benefit from it.

But, God was tugging at my heart, and telling me to be quiet and wait. That there is a reason and a purpose for why I have started this blog of mine. I chose to have faith that he of course knows better than I do. So, I have stayed. Still click... click... clicking my keys, not for any other reason than because I feel I have been called to use my words, and my life, for something that will glorify my heavenly father. In doing so, I've prayed that my words would also be of some encouragement, or interest to someone else out there reading my words, and viewing my photos, and hearing my stories.

Getting the email tonight from Katie at Faith Blogs telling me that I was chosen, made me smile from ear to ear, because God is good. He always makes a way. ALWAYS. There are times he asks us to be still, or quiet, or patient, and we don't always know why or where he's going with the request, but he does. That is faith. Having faith that HE is in control. That HE knows better than we do. Stepping out of our comfort zones and listening to where we are being called, because he has a plan far greater than we can ever imagine.

I am excited to see where this journey will take me.
I pray I continue to listen, and step out on faith so that I can accomplish everything he's asking of me in my life.
Thank You Faith Blogs for choosing me!


Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket, then counting your blessings before they hatch. ~Ramona C. Carroll

Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark. ~Rabindranath Tagore

He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will come out well - even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly. ~B.C. Forbes

Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings. ~Victor Hugo

Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel. ~Author Unknown

As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. ~Emmanuel

3 comments:

Tamara said...

congratulations! i'm here from faith blogs...which i recently discovered and LOVE. i am inspired by your words in this post and i look forward to reading more!

Shana said...

Congratulations! So exciting for you!

Myya said...

YAY you!!! That is wonderful, super exciting news!