Sunday, November 14, 2010

14 day thankfulness challenge 2010 - day 3...

Basement

Okay, so admittedly this is not the deepest thing in the world to be thankful for, but I am... Maybe more than I should be! It took us close to 5 years to complete, but alas the day is here that we are actually living in our basement. It is the best space in the world for our family, and our guests when they come. We play, hangout, watch t.v., craft, do laundry, sew, read, and snuggle in our basement. The best part about it taking so long for us to finish, is the fact that we were able to think out each space and how we would best use it. It gave us time to really put a lot of thought into what we wanted to do in our extra space.... and I really have to say we use it exactly as I thought we would!

Selfishly, my favorite thing about the finished basement, is my new washer and dryer, and my very nice, incredibly roomy, lovely laundry room! It makes my life about a million times easier, and the piles and piles of laundry I do each day, at least a little more bearable!

P.S. Uhhhhhhhhheeeemmmmm, I've noticed not much participation here with this thankfulness challenge, and you all are making me feel like the geeky kid at school that no one would play with. Please play... you don't want me to feel like a geek that no one likes now do you??? What would that do to my overall self esteem?P.P.S. I know that there are readers out there reading this, so PLEASE, PLAY ALONG!!!

4 comments:

Shana said...

Don't feel like the geeky kid. I do love reading your thankfulness challenge blogs.

Myya said...

I love your basement. I wish it was mine! :) You are one of the MANY people who are scolding me about not joining in. Man, I need to find more time!

Jami Nato said...

i need that rug in your basement. OMG.

Bella Rose said...

@Jami- Hi we purchased our rug at Ballard's... best part it's an indoor/outdoor rug so it's virtually indestructable! We can take it out and hose it if we need to! Score!!! Kids + regular rugs in my house = no good... this one is win win!
@Shana and Myya - thanks for joining in even if just a little ;)