Monday, April 5, 2010

April showers brings May???


Am I the only one out there that is praying that all of these April showers do in fact bring May flowers??? For that matter, June flowers, and July flowers, and so on and so on... I am DONE with this rain. I am DONE being cold. I am definitely a "true Oregonian", I've lived here all my life. Generally love the rain, and am not affected by it. In fact I have even been known to miss it when it's gone for too long. But, for some reason this winter it is affecting me! It's gloomy, it's cold, it's.... well.... getting old. I am ready to go outside, and feel the sunshine on my skin. I am ready not to be wearing 16 layers everyday. I am ready to feel the warm air blow through my open windows. So for today, I pray that all of these blustery April showers will soon bring us some May flowers! How about you?
“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

1 comment:

Sara said...

On these rainy days Brielle says..."Mom, I know why it's raining. Because the flowers need it to grow." I wish I too had such optimism, but she's right, and so are you. Soon the beautiful flowers will be here, along with that warm sun! I'm soooooo ready! Right there w/ ya!