Thursday, October 15, 2009

That Girl...


I have had the pleasure this week to really spend some real quality time with my little monkey girl. I know you're probably sitting there thinking to yourself don't you spend everyday with her? Aren't you like 24/7 mama. The answer would be YES, and I love spending everyday with my girls. There's a BUT coming... but, I don't always get to spend one on one "Quality Time". When Bella was little her and I spent everyday just her and I, we knew each other's ins and outs. But since Meritt has come along my attention always has to be shared. Whether with her sister, her daddy, another family member, friends, chores, the shop, phone calls, or life.
This week life has been pretty quiet... (knock on wood). After many weeks of pretty much chaos and craziness... we have spent the week chilling out with one another. Man that girl make me laugh. Man that girl makes my heart melt like it's right over a big Ole blazing fire...


She has a way about her...
She has a light in her eyes...
She has a joy in her heart...
that is contagious.
Sure she can be sneaky.
Sure she can be a monkey.
Sure she has a fiery, passionate personality.
Sure she's...
quick
sassy
witty
smart
clever
& fearless...
But she's also, sweet, kind, loving, cuddly, vivacious, joyous,
happy, and perfect just the way she is.


I imagine that it's not always the easiest thing being the baby sister. Being compared to your sister, and everything she did and when, her personality, and how sweet, smart, and good she is.
(Just as I'm sure it's not always easy being the Big Sissy either, but that's a different story for a different day!) It's probably not always easy not really having anything that is just yours (not even your mama and daddy). To always have to share, even when you have no idea of the definition. Always having to act a little bit better than maybe you're really capable of because you're being drug around with the "big kids". Always having to watch as your sis gets to do things first... play with friends, go to parties, and have more privileges... when you're told you're too little. But, Meritt, you'll get your chance some day... I promise you! I hope you don't grow up too fast, because I happen to like the fact that you're the baby sister!
I feel so blessed to have this girl as my daughter. Everyday she is teaching me what life is really all about. She's only been with me less than 3 years, but she has already taught me so much... I feel like it is in part to her that I am a better person than I was. I can't wait to learn more. What a joy it is, just to spend my days in your presence!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

what a sweet post! My girls are 3, and I have a tendency to treat them like one child instead of two. Thanks for the reminder to cherish each of my children for who God made them to be as individuals!