Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I could cry...

I could cry... big ol` crocodile tears right now, but I won't. Had to take the girls and myself a little while ago to the Doctors office for flu shots. I have been dreading it all week. What a way to finish out my 7 days of being a single mama. Yuck.

Now me myself am not afraid of needles. I'm not afraid of shots, there isn't much that even makes me queasy. But, listening to my six year old scream with all of her might as tears flowed from her eyes... just about did me in! To say she is afraid of a shot is a bit of an understatement...
It took 3 adults to hold her down. I don't think I will ever forget her eyes. Over and over she kept screaming "no mama, don't let them hurt me".

Honestly, that was one of the worst things I've ever had to do.
Even though I know it was what was best.
Doesn't make it hurt any less.
Everyone is fine now... except for me, I'm still shaking.
The girls are drinking their reward; Oreo milkshakes - while watching Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin. Wish someone would give me a treat, or at least a hug!

Matt will be home in 3 hours and 15 minutes or so... but who's counting?
Maybe I'll get a hug then!

No comments: