Monday, February 16, 2009

one of those days!

Seriously, these children may be the death of me!!! My day started with a phone call to poison control after Meritt got into some hair detangler. By the time I realized what she had done she had figured out how to unscrew the cap, pour it out on the coffee table, and wipe it all over herself. I wasn't sure if she had ingested any so, to be safe I called poison control. Luckily the nurse said since it's a children's product it is fairly safe... just to watch for a few things. Aaahhhhh. What am I going to do with this child? She is like a baby monkey, shimmying and climbing to get whatever she wants. Finally got all that worked out, then it was time to pick Bella up from school. I was greeted with a melt down. (Aparently I am a hidious mother, because I brought the wrong snack with me... who knew?) Then it was time to go to the grocery store to pick up a few items. Bella was still wailing about the wrong snack... Meritt thought it was funny to kick her sister away from standing on the front of the cart, which of course led to more wailing....... then it was on to pick up prescriptions, make lunch, clean up lunch, and finally my favorite time of the day (sorry it's true) nap time! Meritt is sleeping nicely (she had been up since six this morning) Bella is reading quietly, and me.... I'm having a cup of tea and a little "mommy time" on the sofa. It can only go up from here, right? I hope so! After my mommy time I'm going to make some "monkey bread" (aka banana bread) for my monkeys!

No comments: