Thursday, February 26, 2009

a birthday letter to my Rosie,

My sweet girl, today marks two years that you have been in my life. While I am in a bit of disbelief that it is possible that you are all ready a two year old girl, and not my little baby anymore. It also seems impossible that you have only been with me two years. I cannot remember my life without you in it. Today I am happy and sad at the same time. So happy to celebrate with you, and discover the person you are becoming. But, a bit sad at the same time that the fleeting moments of your babyhood are close to over. I know that you cannot read this, and it may be years before this letter means anything to you, but I want to take this time to tell you, on this day, what you mean to me. And someday when you read this, I hope you know this is written with so much love.

You are my sunshine in life. You bring joy to my everyday. Your smile lights up a room. Your happy spirit can change a mood. Your curiosity keeps me on my toes. It's because of you I want to be a better person. I hope that as you continue to grow & change, that you never lose the light that lives inside your heart. That as people disappoint you in life that you won't let that change your spirit, but that you will learn from it and grow to be an even better person. I don't care if you become the most successful person in life, but I do hope that you will always be the happiest person you can be. Continue to find the joy in the little things, because honestly it is the little things that make this life worth living! You are such a joy to me, I am so thankful that God has blessed me with two of the sweetest and loveliest little girls in the whole wide world!

Thank you for two of the happiest years of my life.
Happy Birthday Rosie.
I love you ,
Mama

Your second Birthday...


Your First Birthday...

Your First Day...



No comments: