Thursday, October 7, 2010

my favorite easy apple recipe...

Okay, so after you had to listen to all of my 'venting' and 'belly aching' yesterday I decided you deserved a little treat. So, I am sharing with you my most favorite easy apple recipe. I have been making this recipe for YEARS, since I was in 4H way back in the day.... that was a loooonggg time ago. It's really good. Really easy. Really comforting, and kind of one of those fake-out dishes that really tastes like you spent way more time and effort than you have. (love those!)





So Here it is...

Apple Crisp

4c. sliced apples
2/3c. brown sugar packed tight
1/2c. flour
1 stick butter
1/2c. quick oats
3/4tsp. cinnamon
3/4tsp. nutmeg

(use this topping for any kind of crisp you want just substitute apples for what ever fruit you like... I've made this with blackberries, marionberries, & peaches - it's all good!)

Place apples in a 7 by 9 inch greased pan. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl with wooden spoon until crumbly, and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 degrees or until brown and crumbly.

(you can easily double or even triple this recipe for a larger groups of people... also you can bake individual crisps in ramekins for petite desserts! Serve with vanilla icecream or fresh whipcream and oh, yeah...)




I finally bought one of these today... oh my gosh, had I known what I was missing, well, I wouldn't have done 50lbs. of applesauce in August without it. It's awesome! I'm not one for a lot of gadgets and gizmo's in the kitchen, or recipes for that matter, but these two are worth trying! Hope you enjoy. Happy apple season!

No comments: