Friday, October 29, 2010

in times of anxiety and worry...

This time of year is inevitably my most stressful. A lot seems to snowball on top of me. There are times that I let all the stress, worry, and anxiety pile on top of me, and bury my heart. There are years and times that I have totally forgotten who to put my trust in so that my anxiety will be at peace. Today, I am conscience of this stirring within myself... and I am not giving in to this stressful time. Sure life is still stressful... Sure I'm still tired as a dog... But, I know, that God will never give me ANYTHING I cannot handle. By worrying, and feeling anxious, I am sending God the message that he in fact does not have my trust or my confidence that he has me covered. So, in this season of stress, I give HIM my anxieties in prayer, and feel totally at peace!


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

Philippians 4:6-9 ESV

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks Mandy, I needed that today!