Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a funny little tale...

I know that I haven't really been very good at blogging lately. Ever since my trip, I've been knocked off my horse so to speak. Maybe I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things, maybe there is just too much to do and too little of time to do it all in, maybe it's because I've had a terrible U.T.I. for a few months (yes, a few months) and it finally got so bad I was forced to take care of it with heavy doses of antibiotics, and rest. Maybe it's a combination of it all... That's life. Pure and simple. However, I just don't like documenting the upheaval in life as I do the fun stuff, the joy, and the sweet little memories. So, that's why it's been a little quiet around here.

Something happened last week that made me laugh... it made me stop, and realize the sweet little memories are in the everyday stuff that happens. Even in the midst of what feels like upheaval.




Last Friday, Bella was off school, Meritt was in school, (Bella was thrilled to have me all to herself for 2 whole hours...). While Meritt was in school we went to run some errands, first thing we did was go by Starbucks for a Venti Black Iced Tea (aka lover of my soul). When we got to the window at the drive through the Batista hands me my drink and says 'I have a present for you!' I said 'I love caffeine presents!'... and Bella chimes in from the back seat, 'I don't need caffeine, kids don't need it, kids are born with caffeine!' Amen. There is a true statement if I ever heard one! Kids are born with caffeine! That's why I never needed it before I had children, and now that I have two, I am hopelessly addicted! She was so tickled with the fact that she made us all laugh with her witty and true remark, that she began to giggle at herself. In a pure seven year old way, that lights up the day, and makes everything right in the world. She giggled, and snorted, and laughed, until we were both laughing until tears came out. Leave it to kiddos to say it like it is, and be able to see the humor in the truth! I love that girl!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mandy,
I love your story!! I agree about Starbuck's black ice tea...one of my favorite things!!!