Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick Update...

Just wanted to quickly update. Matt is doing well. Feeling quite a bit better this evening, he even got out of bed to eat dinner and visit with his friend for a quick visit. If you are reading this right now wondering what in the heck I'm talking about you must have missed my last post... scroll down, or click here to read what happened that was... scary.

I apologize if this post isn't well written or doesn't make much sense, but to tell you the truth I've only had about 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, and I am pretty exhausted. I knew I would feel better if I wrote this before I tried to fall asleep. We just want to thank those of you who have prayed for us, who have called to check on things, and for your friendship. So nice. These things do have a way of putting things into perspective. My perspective at this moment is that of thankfulness. I am just so thankful that he is OK, and doing well. It is so easy for these simple accidents to turn out so tragically. We hear about it every day. We just never think anything bad like that will ever happen to us, or to those we love. Or at least we hope not. And we don't think about these things until.... well, when something happens.

So, for tonight, I will try and turn my brain off, go to sleep, and thank God that things didn't turn out much worse than they could have. It's weird, everything happened about 24 hours ago. Yet I am still having a hard time not thinking about every event that happened last night, and every picture from the whole thing over and over in my head. I must sleep now, things will be fresh tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: