Monday, February 14, 2011

to my valentine...

ForneyFamily2010-42BW

I have had the same valentine for the last 15 years...
Wow, I can hardly believe that.

Now you might think that the luster of love might extinguish over that many years...
But, it hasn't.
Sure Valentine's Day has changed a bit since the very first one we shared. The definition of romance has changed for us as we've evolved. Believe it or not, that doesn't mean that we don't have as much romance or as much love as we did in the beginning, when we had butterflies in our stomachs, and cupids dancing above our heads.

ForneyFamily2010-24BW

When we became parents, we had to redefine what romance was...
We had to find hidden little moments.
Quiet time to share.

Romance today exists more in knowing each other so well...
Not in a negative way, but in a positive way. The way he knows when to give a little extra because I need it, and I can't say it. The way we each know when the other needs a little space, or time to be, and not to push things. The way that he still looks at me, and I still look at him even after all of these years.

ForneyFamily2010-37BW

Our love has evolved into a family.
That has redefined what romance is...
But, not what love is, it has multiplied that!

There is more love under our roof, that it is pouring out the chimney top, and bursting out of the window panes.

ForneyFamily2010-77BW

love lives in every single day that we're together...
I don't need Valentine's day to remind me to say I love you, because everyday I share with Matthew, Bella, Meritt, Addiekat, Emma, Buddy, and Lola, are days spent filled to the brim with love.

Some days there's so much love I can hardly handle it. Even in those moments I know that my heart is full for all the love that God has given to me!

To my Valentine:
Even after all these years, I am so glad that you are mine!
XOXO, M

4 comments:

Sara said...

~Beautiful!

Bella said...

Wonderful post!Congratulations for your love! It is the best thing there is in this our world! "God is Love"Jh.Lt 1; 4, 8

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!
great photos!

Bella Rose said...

Thank you, I can't take credit for these photos... Meghann Street, of Your Street Photography! Google her, she's A-MAZING!!!!