Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kat...



Today, the planet, our hearts, our home, and our lives lost a sweet soul, and heaven gained an angel. We said good-bye to our sweet girl Addie-kat, known to those who loved her just as 'Kat'. Her name is inspired from Audrey Hepburn's cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I just love how Holley Golightly called for her cat... makes me laugh every time I think about it!

Matt and I picked her out of a box of kittens in my neighbors garage the year we graduated from High School. She was with us every step of our lives as he and I. Today after spending 13 years and 8 months loving her, she passed away. She left this earth peacefully holding on to my shoulder... her happy and safe place. I am glad she is no longer in pain... my heart aches for my own loss, and for the loss of Matt, and the girls, but I am thankful for her. No more pain, no more suffering, no more hurting...


No comments: