Tuesday, December 22, 2009

feeling sentimental...

I see trees of green,
red roses too...
I see them bloom
for me and you...
And i think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"
I see skies of blue
and clouds of white
The bright blessed day,
the dark sacred night
And I think to my self:
"What a wonderful world!"
The colors of the rainbow
so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
of people going by
I see friends shaking hands
saying "How do you do.
"They really say: "I love you!"
I hear babies crying
I watch them grow
They'll learn much more
than I'll ever know
And I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"
Yes, I think to myself:
"What a wonderful world!"
Forney2009-29BW
Every time I hear this Louis Armstrong song, What a Wonderful World... (which I just happen to have on the Christmas CD playing in my car right now, ) I see this photo of Meritt and Matt in my head... I just can't help it. I don't know why but I get really sentimental when I think of them as daddies girls. The line in the song that says; I hear babies cry, I watch them grow, they'll learn much more than I'll ever know... Gets me every time! There is not a day that goes by that I am not conscience of the fact that my kids are precious gifts from God. I also realize that the time goes by way too fast. This picture of daddies little girl, will soon change to a daddies girl all grown up, and heading off in her own direction. I cherish this picture. You can feel the love straight through the image!

No comments: