Tuesday, May 12, 2009

from bad to worse...

It's been a week since I've posted... this last week has been the week from H * E * double hockey sticks (sorry mom). We were in the midst of this potty training stuff when it all seemed to go down hill... Meritt went from wanting to sit on the potty every second to not wanting anything to do with the potty at all. (except to cry about all the poop she didn't have) Her worry turned into her not going at all, which as you can imagine turned into a tearful, fussy, needy, upset two year old. We were trying our hardest to be as patient as possible, but this tearful, needy, fussiness lasted night and day for several days. Somewhere in the middle we started to try and ignore things. But, things just got worse.

By Sunday we ended up sitting at Urgent Care (on Mother's Day) with a very sick little Meritt. By afternoon Sunday she was running a 104 fever. We knew she wasn't at the top of her game Sunday morning, but due to everything that had been going on, we decided to "ignore" and proceed with our plans and head to church. By the end of the service our number popped up, Meritt wasn't happy. It didn't take long to figure out it was more than potty training aversion!

Poor thing had a terrible ear infection - an almost ruptured ear drum with blisters.... We got our prescriptions, and we were feeling certain that things would be turning around. We got the first dose of meds into miss Meritt, got her to bed, and were feeling good that by morning she would be feeling better. Not, so quick. She woke up about 11:45... this time with an almost 105 fever. Made it through to morning, the new challenge to arise in morning was the little problem of Meritt refusing to take her medicines. Pretty hard to get high fever and infection under control with out it. After two doses getting spit out all over me, I finally called into the doctor to see if they had any ideas. They said, "hide it in something she loves to eat".... Ummm little problem, she hasn't eaten..... ANYTHING in almost 3 and a half days. The nurse replies well give it your best try, if not we'll need to see her to come up with a new plan. OK, great, thanks! Hmmmmmm, what could I hide medicine in that she would be sure to eat up? Chocolate pudding, genius! Or not. I tried, Mom tried, Matt tried, no luck.

Wound up back at the doctor, where they had to give her two injections of antibiotics (one in each thigh). Apparently these injections are very painful, even for adults. Yes, apparently they are. Tears were shed, many a tear. Luckily Matt was able to come home a little early, extra arms were needed for holding and loving! The good news is, by the time we got her to sleep last night her fever was down, she slept soundly all night, and even ate some breakfast this morning. So, I think we are on the mend!!! I have about a thousand things piled up (literally) around here that need attention, so I pray that my little sweet heart is on the mend, for her and a little for me! :)

So, as soon as I get things back on track around here, I will try to post something cute, adorable, and more interesting than all of this. What can I say? This is a glamorous life, but somebodies got to live it!

No comments: