Monday, November 24, 2008

'things' that make my heart happy!

I think it's pretty obvious who makes my heart happy,
but I thought it would be fun to share some of the
'things' that make my heart happy...
(pardon the cliche) so here are a few of my favorite things.

Here is my newest thing that makes my heart happy,

a beautiful oil painting of a tree. It's so serene.


One of my most treasured possessions,
my hand made necklace, that Matt gave me last Christmas,
that says simply in Italian...
My Sweet Girls,
their names, and birth dates.
Then, no matter where I am or if I'm away from my girls,
I carry them with me always.



My funky salt & pepper shakers.
Some of my happiest memories were around my grandma's
kitchen table, where these sat.
Now, they sit on my table, and not a day goes by that
they don't remind me of sweet days with my Gram.


My board of memories,

Old family pictures,

valentines, postcards, and photos of things from time goes by...

it makes me smile to have it!


A must have can't live without it..
Burt's Bee's "lip chap"!


For always and ever I will have these up,

I didn't take any when Bella was born, and I regretted it so much,

so when Meritt was newborn we had "Baby Pictures"

taken, and I cherish them...



A warm cozy fire, on a cold chilly day!



My antique pug puppy print, that reminds me of my sweet baby Emma.


These three pictures were my Christmas present from Matt,

our first Christmas married...

I think they were one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever gotten...

They simply read:

understanding

sharing

love

closeness

friendship

They remind me to do all of those things.






Last but not least, my stained glass window.
My parents gave this to me when I moved out...
it reminds me of home,
no matter where I live, it hangs, shining light
through it's beautiful colors.
So, there are a few of my favorite 'things'...
what are yours?

No comments: