Saturday, May 17, 2008

what a day

Do you ever have those days that you wish you could rewind back to when you woke up and start all over again? Do you ever wonder why some days everything clicks, and somedays everything seems to be broken? What is it exactly that can alter a day so much? Will tomorrow be any better? Probably. The chances are good, not much room to go down, plenty of room to go up! I find myself at a weird phase of life.... I can't quite put my finger on it. My whole world revolves around other people, mostly two little people that although their size may be small, their impact upon the given mood, is quite large. Some days it seems that all the giving of myself catches up with me. I can't seem to hear my own thoughts anymore, happiness is a stretch, and patience is hard to come by. I talked about looking for the balance in my life around new years. I have been working, and praying towards that goal daily since, but some days I tell you it's a stretch. I have to remind myself to enjoy the now, not the later. It's a hard lesson to learn. Here's what I've found... Organization, Routine, and Structure is KEY! Those 3 things hinge my kids on whether they will unravel that day or be happy, healthy, kids. I struggle with having to have every detail of my life orderly, planned, and structured. I would much rather fly by the seat of my pants and see where the day would lead me; but I no longer lead only myself. So, tomorrow I will try to start my day with organization, routine, and structure, and see if that makes a difference on whether the day will click or clack!

No comments: